Mountain running and biking
Explore La Vallée de Ferney through our open tracks circuits in a secured and well-maintained environment.
All our tracks will take you to the Vallée at the foot of our conservation zone where you can see our endemic nursery, tortoise park and see the famous Kestrel usually around noon.
Should you wish to visit our conservation zone, please book your guided tour in advance.
Technicality rating: Easy, please note that the 5km track is mostly unshaded
Technicality rating: Medium
Technicality rating: Hard. This is a technical track and requires a good level of fitness.This track will take you to amazing viewpoints.
When hiking, running or riding, check out the surroundings: you might spot a deer, wild boars, bats and rare endemic birds along the way!
Get to the Wildlife Sanctuary at noon sharp to watch the Mauritius Kestrel feeding and you might get a chance to see Pepito, Ferney’s mascotte.
- Opening hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily (kindly note that tracks might be closed for special events or during hunting season from June to September)
- Price: Rs. 175 for residents; Rs 400 for non-residents
- Riders should bring their own bike
- Wear adequate clothing and hats, it can get very hot on parts of the tracks
- Wearing of helmets for riders is compulsory
- Emergency Number: 634 0440 – 57 29 1080