Engage in wildlife conservation
If you have ever wondered what a Mauritius Kestrel or a giant tortoise could look like from up close and within hand’s reach, visit Ferney’s Wildlife Sanctuary. It offers you the possibility to be a part of the change you want to see and to live authentic experiences and engage with the Mauritian fauna and flora. Several activities are available:
- Mauritius Kestrel Feeding
- Endemic plant nursery, where you can discuss with the labourers who will be happy to share their knowledge on the different species.
- Tortoise park
- Endemic birds’ aviary, where the teams of the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation can share stories on the different birds present in the aviary.
- Buy or adopt an endemic tree to engage in conservation efforts of our Mauritian diversity and be a part of the change.
School visits are also organised regularly to engage the next generation in conservation efforts and awareness.
Get to the Wildlife Sanctuary at noon sharp to watch the Mauritius Kestrel feeding and you might get a chance to see Pepito, Ferney’s mascotte.
- Open everyday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Duration: Approx.2 hours
- Open to all, particularly children and senior citizens